This is a really simple recipe for delicious energy balls. ‘Bliss’ balls? Yep…trendy name alert. But it definitely makes them sound that much cuter, don’t you think?
Feel free to play around to your own tastes: I make various versions of these based on different nuts/seeds, flavourings like cinnamon/vanilla/maca etc, dried fruits and so on.
Ingredients (makes 15-20*):
- 100g macadamia nuts
- 110g dried (preferably unsweetened) cherries
- 40g coconut flakes (plus 15g dessicated coconut for rolling, if desired – you could use cinnamon, or chopped nuts/seeds for example)
- 3 tbsp coconut milk
- 50g raw cacao butter
- 45g raw maca root powder
- ~100g egg white powder
- 30g milled flaxseed
- Vanilla powder (pure extract) – to taste, I used around 1 tsp
- Melt the cacao butter and coconut milk together, and add the vanilla.
- Blitz the macadamia nuts and coconut flakes to a thick, chunky paste in a food processor.
- Slowly drizzle the cacao/coconut mixture in to the processor, continuing to blend and make a sticky paste.
- Add in the dried cherries and continue to process until the chunks of cherry are your desired size (you could just mix them in whole if you prefer).
- Transfer the mixture to a mixing bowl, and incorporate the other additions (flaxseed, maca, egg powder etc).
- Mix well – you may need to use your hands! You want it to feel like a thick cookie dough, but not too sticky.
- Use about 1 tbsp of mixture per ball, rolling into a sphere and then in the dessicated coconut (or other coating, such as cinnamon, chopped nuts or seeds etc).
- They’re now ready to eat! You can chill them in the fridge or even freeze them to enjoy later. They should keep for about a week or so, depending on how quickly you eat them!
*Yield depends on:
(a) how big you make them
(b) how much of the batter you eat as you go!