– 60g dairy-free butter replacement
– 40g Sukrin 1:1 sugar replacement
– 1 tap vanilla extract
– 100g self-raising gluten free flour (I used Dove’s Farm)
– 2 large eggs
– 1 cup dairy free milk (I used coconut milk)
– 25g dessicated coconut (plus more to decorate if desired)
– 45g protein powder (I used 30g ProteinPow pea protein and 15g Pulsin rice protein)
– 1/2 tsp each baking soda, baking powder and 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
– freeze-dried raspberry pieces (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 180 C. Cream together butter and sugar, before adding the eggs and vanilla extract.
2. Gradually add in the flour and protein powder, mixing until you have a stiff batter – add in the milk slowly until you get a smooth textured batter that pours slightly if you tip the bowl. Beat the mixture until smooth and glossy.
3. Add in the raising agents, apple cider vinegar, dessicated coconut and raspberry pieces (if using).
4. Pour into a cake or loaf tin or muffin tray and bake – the time will depend on the tin (I used a small cake tin and it took around 30 mins, cupcakes would take more like 12-18).
5. Once cool, decorate with icing and additional raspberry pieces, fresh raspberries or dessicated coconut as required. I sandwiched the two halves of mine together with seedless raspberry jam.