I don’t think I’d ever made rocky road bars before this little experiment, but they turned out incredibly moreish and will be on the “repeat” list for sure!
- 100g dark chocolate (I used 90%)
- 30g nuts (I used pistachios for their gorgeous green colour)
- 60g dried fruit e.g. goji berries, raisins, cranberries, chopped apricots or dates
- 60g approx. mini marshmallows
- 15g each pea and rice protein
- Crushed biscuits (I used a combination of Livia’s Kitchen ginger Biccy Boms and Nairn’s apricot oatcakes)
The method is super simple…melt the dark chocolate over a Bain Marie, mix in everything other than the marshmallows (you don’t want them all to melt straight away!) and then stir in the marshmallows once the mix has cooled slightly. Press down into a tin and leave to set in the fridge or freezer before slicing.